This is one of our all time favourites!
It is quick, easy and healthy. On top it can be prepared ahead of time.
As the burgers include potatoes and salmon as a main ingredient we eat it as a main dish just with vegetables or salad on the side.
The recipe below is based on one of Jamie Oliver’s Salmon Fishcakes.
Some recipes use salmon out of tins but to me it looks and smells like cat food, so I go with this one, using either fresh (if I plan to freeze it) or frozen salmon.
makes around 8 cakes
500gr salmon fillets, scaled and all bones removed
small bunch of parsley – finely chopped
1 tbsp. flour and a bit for extra dusting
1 large egg
– cook potatoes and mash, let cool for a while
– rub the salmon with some oil and oil and pepper.
– steam salmon fillets 10-12 minutes, let it cool for a while, remove any skin and flake
(make sure there are no bones especially when you serve this to younger children!)
– mix potato mash, salmon flakes with flour, parsley and egg
– if you like finely grate some lemon zest and mix it all
– form the mixture into burgers, around 8 pieces, 2cm thick
– dust them with flour on both sides
– if you have time put them into the fridge for an hour before cooking to let them firm up. But they tend to work without this step, too. I usually run out of time
– heat the frying pan, add olive oil and fry the burgers on each side 3-4 minutes or until golden
– serve with lemon, vegetables, salads etc.
– feel free to add mayonnaise, wasabi and such to dip.
Enjoy your cooking and the meal! 😉